Cumberland Mountaineers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Promotions Ceremony March/April 1457

+3
Miniphoenix
tigercub
Elmix
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Promotions Ceremony March/April 1457 Empty Promotions Ceremony March/April 1457

Post  Elmix Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:28 pm

A lot have happened during this time. Not only in Cumberland but also in England.

At all times there was lots of troubles in England and also in Cumberland.

Luckily, there were some who decided to take up arms and do all what is in their power to maintain peace, order and good time for their ppl, their home and their county.

In Cumberland they were brave soldiers in Cumberland Mountainners and it was time for them to receive the award - a new promotions in ranks which they all have deserved with hard service for Cumberland.

As Elmix enters, the grand hall in Carlisle barracks have been already prepeared where the grand event will take part.

He awaited for all soldiers and lovely Duchess to arrive at ceremony.
Elmix
Elmix
Champion Of Cumbria
Champion Of Cumbria

Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Character sheet
Player Info: Master of IG Armies

Back to top Go down

Promotions Ceremony March/April 1457 Empty Re: Promotions Ceremony March/April 1457

Post  tigercub Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:35 pm

Lady Tigercub dresses for the ceremony and then heads into grand hall
for the promotion ceremony.

She is looking forward to being included in her first ceremony and is interested to see and hear what other soliders have been up to? Tigercub is hoping she will see a face she knows so she won't feel so nervous in the grand ceremony. But is also interested to met new people.

She salutes Elmix and then gazing at the beautiful ceremony hall
tigercub
tigercub
Town Commander
Town Commander

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Character sheet
Player Info: Bowman, Keswick

Back to top Go down

Promotions Ceremony March/April 1457 Empty Re: Promotions Ceremony March/April 1457

Post  Miniphoenix Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:59 pm

Duchess Miniphoenix arrives at Carlisle Castle wearing a Black and White Dress, the colors of the Cumberland Mountaineers. She comes to support each and everyone of them for their courage and bravery. These brave knights deserve a reward for their noble actions, and she is glad that Elmix is giving a promotion ceremony to honor them.

Promotions Ceremony March/April 1457 Img_2008021974246
Promotions Ceremony March/April 1457 Small_img_2008021974314

Walking into the Grand Hall, she sees one other is already here.

Curtsying to the first Mountaineer she sees, Mini greets her, "Good day, Dame Tigercub. I'm happy you made it. Would you mind sitting with me while we wait for the other guests to arrive?"
Miniphoenix
Miniphoenix
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Character sheet
Player Info: LvL4; Carlisle

Back to top Go down

Post  tigercub Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:31 pm

Tigercub curtsy to Duchess Miniphoenix. It is lovely to see you, your outfit looks lovely. I would be honoured for you to join me. Very Happy
tigercub
tigercub
Town Commander
Town Commander

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:43 am

Emrys was cleaned up and clothed more casually when he entered the hall. His eyes were wide open but his mind was still trying to wake up. The Captain was already there. No doubt preparing for the event. The Duchess was speaking to a lady he recognized but didn't know her name. He was happy to find that the corner he placed himself on in the last ceremony was not taken and went for it, wondering what was in store for all those attending.

Back to top Go down

Post  Elmix Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:11 pm

As he started to prepare, some great CM soldiers already arrived here.

Elmix returns the salute to Lady Tigercub, the brave CM soldier who was in his platoon at Carlisle. Then notices Bowman Emrys and Duchess arrives.

Elmix salutes to a very talented Bowman Emrys who he started to work just great here. Elmix was sure he will grow fast and already is a great CM soldier and will become far more.

As soon he see the duchess arrives, he goes to meet her.

Promotions Ceremony March/April 1457 Elmix_awaiting

She looked very nice in her Black and White dress who were colour of Cumberland flag.

You look very great and charming my Duchess, it is a honor you are here at ceremony.
Elmix
Elmix
Champion Of Cumbria
Champion Of Cumbria

Number of posts : 312

Character sheet
Player Info: Master of IG Armies

Back to top Go down

Post  shanehall16 Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:52 pm

Councillor Shane Hall walks into Carlise castle sporting none other than full Battle Armour. He walks towards captain Elmix and thhe Duchess Miniphoenix.

"Greetings Captain Elmix Sir. I can hardly wait to see who will recieve recognition for thier hard work here. I know that there are many great soldier in the Cumberland Mountaineers now and i hopre to see many more in the years to come."

Shane swivells on the spot and bows politely to the Duchess Miniphoenix.

"How are you Ma'am, It is nice to see you relaxing at a gathering like this, you have been working hard as Duchess for Cumberland.Incase you are curious why i have come to such an event dressed in full battle armour i should let you know that it is a show of how well i look in uniform and a statement that i can't wait to get back out into the battlefield."

Shane grabs a goblet of some intoxicating liquid and drinks a good measure. Soldiers to the core the party thrives.
shanehall16
shanehall16
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 232

Character sheet
Player Info: Standard Bearer/Cheif Commander, Penrith, Cumberland, Sheriff of Cumberland

Back to top Go down

Post  tigercub Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:14 am

Tigercub greets Councillor Shane Hall.

'It is nice to see you again. It seems like ages since we met in the tavern and you introduced me to CM life'.

Your battle armour is very impressive too. Very Happy
tigercub
tigercub
Town Commander
Town Commander

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Miniphoenix Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:04 pm

Miniphoenix smiles at everyone and salutes Sir Emrys as she sees him walking over to his table across the room. She curtsies to Sir Elmixand Sir Shane as they arrive.

As Elmix compliments her, she gives him a peck on the cheek. "And you look dashing, My Love." She beams at him.

"Yes, Shane! It is very nice to have a chance to relax, but also better to honor those that have fought so bravely for our homes. You too have fought bravely, and I also cannot wait for you to be able to join the line once again."

She smiles reassuringly at him, and pats him on the soldier. "It won't be long until you are out there again."
Miniphoenix
Miniphoenix
Veteran
Veteran

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  tigercub Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Tigercub spots a man looking towards the Duchess and herself. She isn't sure who he is but she recognises him. She then salutes him and smiles.

Tigercub then wonders what is in store for them in this ceremony and glances around to see who else has arrived?
tigercub
tigercub
Town Commander
Town Commander

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:18 pm

Chagryn in full combat gear enters the hall. Greetings all. bowing
I was ordered to come in from the security patrol for a moment. Stays near the entrance keeping an eye outside
In these tense times tis good to see the loyal and busy protectors honored/promoted as they have well earned.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:50 pm

It has been a tense week out at Carlise and this ceremony was just the welcomed break that he was waiting for. Being a minstrel the whole time he was in Penrith and now serving in the army to protect his belove homeland.

It has been all worth it

As he entered the hall. Tim felt a little out of place. To be among such dignitaries in the army and even his own superiors on the same level was something he would never have imagined since joining the Cumberland Army a month ago.

Councilor Shanehall, a pleasure meeting you. It has been my honour fighting at your side. I have composed an anthem for the Mountaineers while serving at Carlise and I'm wondering whether it is apt to present it in such a grand ceremony? Very Happy

People were flowing in. None he could identify from his hometown of Penrith, but all of which he admired for the sheer tenacity of serving in this fine army.

Back to top Go down

Post  shanehall16 Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:33 pm

Greetings Tigercub. I am Glad to see you here, i like seeing new faces mixed with the old ones. It shows that we are moving forward.

Ah, my good man Timface what a pleasure to see you, My dear Sir i think that an Anthem would be very appropriate for this ceremony. If you have one ready please i invite you to sing it for us.
shanehall16
shanehall16
Veteran
Veteran

Character sheet
Player Info: Standard Bearer/Cheif Commander, Penrith, Cumberland, Sheriff of Cumberland

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:23 am

Emrys smiles and returns the salute to the Captain, the Duchess and the lady with her, Tigercub. He seats himself and watches the incoming traffic of guests. Upon seeing Shanehall and Timface, a man he swore he'd seen around in Penrith, he greets them with a grin and another salute. From the corner of his eye, Chagryn catches his attention as he bows. With the recent news from the north, he guessed that the protection was necessary. Silently, he prayed to Jah that all will go well this day.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:57 am

Upon hearing the agreement from shanehall, Tim began his song:

Through the Mountains

In days of yore from western shores,
From the mountains, they all came
and planted a beacon of truth and light,
in this grand and mighty plain.

Here may it stands from year to year,
Emblem of grand endeavor,
The region surround,
Echo the sound...
of Mountaineers Forever.

Our soldiers hail from many lands
With hearts of one the same
To save the land from any harm
That passion never tames

Our hopes, our hearts, our aims are one
Emblem of grand endeavor
The region surround,
Echo the sound,
Of Mountaineers Forever.

And with that last note, he ended the anthem he had composed. He wished it was well received, but one can never be too sure where his critics might start appearing. Rolling Eyes He put his heart into writing this and he hoped that it can be felt through his music.

Back to top Go down

Post  shanehall16 Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:10 pm

Shane appludes Timface with gusto,

"what a truly patriotic tune you sing Timface, I believe that we should adopt this anthem as our Marching song and if you have any more such compositions please share them."

Shane was thouroughly moved by Timface's performance, thinking to himself that it isn't an Army untill we all sing the same tune. A tune that describes to the People friend or foe who we are.

Shane thinks to himself that he see's good things in line for those that show creativity.

"what a show we have seen this day, What better way to honour those who have fought and died, those who have fought to fight another day and those that have yet to fight."

"horrah, Timface Horrah." Shane walks over to the bar and gets himself another drink while whistling the tune to the Anthem.
shanehall16
shanehall16
Veteran
Veteran

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  tigercub Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:04 pm

Tigercub claps after hearing the wonderful song from Timface.

I agree with Shane - the song is very patriotic. You are a credit to the Cumberland Mountaineers! Very Happy Congratulations and a great job!
tigercub
tigercub
Town Commander
Town Commander

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:45 pm

Hahaha.. thanks people... I will be honored to have this humble anthem as our marching song.. I have composed a few pieces of music in Penrith before i entered the service. Maybe one day, I shall share them with you over a few drinks!

Speaking about drinks.. A round of drinks for everyone... Hahaha.. It's free right?

It was great they appreciated the song, it was something that he hoped could bring the name of Cumberland Mountaineers know around the region as the paramount of military excellence.

Timface shook the hands of Tigercub and Shanehall, their support for his anthem was something of a minor victory for him during this tumultuous time. It is his wish that this anthem could accompany the Mountaineers to the throes of war and the peaks of victory, to uplift when they are down and to be the celebratory song when the Mountaineers get one over their enemies.

Back to top Go down

Post  Braxton Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:40 pm

Braxton arrives at the ceremony.

Braxton
Billman
Billman

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Character sheet
Player Info:

Back to top Go down

Post  tigercub Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:52 pm

Lady Tigercub salutes Braxton.

Congratulations for your new position as mayor in Keswick - heehee I have spies there (whoops not literally) lol!
tigercub
tigercub
Town Commander
Town Commander

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:40 pm

As the song ended, Emrys spotted a familiar face. "Oi, Mayor! Great to see you here!"

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:19 am

He arrives to the ceremony in his full CM uniform. It has been a busy few weeks helping out the Army in Carlisle. He sees some soldiers and the Duchess and greets them then heads to where the ale is to drink. He listens to the song that was being sung. He smiles and claps.

Back to top Go down

Post  Miniphoenix Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:16 pm

Miniphoenix claps in applause as Timface finishes the anthem he wrote. "Good job." She says to Emrys, then quickly agrees with Councilor Shane, "Yes, this should be our marching song."

In good spirits after hearing such lively music, she continues to mingle with the crowd and welcome knights as they enter the Great Hall.

As Timface asks if drinks are free, she laughs, "Yes they are. And if they try to charge you, I'll pay for them out of mine own pocket!"

She salutes Majestic as he comes in and says, "Your drinks are free too!" and gives him a wink as he heads straight for the ale.

Then she slips over to where Chagryn is and thanks him for being head of security for the event.
Miniphoenix
Miniphoenix
Veteran
Veteran

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:45 pm

Yeahhhhhh... The drinks are free... Thanks Miniphoenix.. People, let's eat drink and be merry!!!

Timface was already pretty high with the the 10 mugs of ale he had downed before Miniphoenix came. He never had the penchant for drinking, but it was always a good inspiration for his song writing.

And now for my next song, a drinking song to fit this joyous occassion

The Cumberland Soldier

There was a soldier
a Cumberland soldier
who wandered far away
and soldiered far away
there was none bolder
with good braod shoulder
he fought in many a fray
and fought and won

He'd seen the glory
and told the story
of battles glorious
and deeds victorious
now he's sighing
his heart is crying
to leave those green hills of home

Because these green hills
are not Penrith hills
or Carlise hills
they're not my lands hills
and fair as these green foreign hills may be
they are not the hills of home

Hope you all enjoyed it...

NOthing like a good drinking song to get the fire burining in the belly. yeahhh

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:35 pm

Hashimov enters the fray....

'Hail Companions!'

'Such songs, Timface! It sounds so patriotic and brave'.
'I can't decide if my having had an uneventful time with the Army at Carlisle is a good or bad thing'

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next